Saturday, September 11, 2010

9/11


After watching our nation experience 9/11, I can't help but tear up everytime I hear Alan Jackson's song: Where were you when the world stopped turning?" I will never forget, I was at school and suddenly as parents were bringing their kids in and mentioning a plane crash, I called Jason's parents to ask if they knew what was happening. As I was talking to Peet, the second plane hit and the first tower went down. I remember just being numb the rest of the day. Parents started picking their children up just unsure of what would be happening in our country. I realized that day that I have lived a very sheltered life. There are many people who experience attacks similiar to 9/11 everyday of their life. I am very thankful for America and the many luxuries we have that many will never know of. Makes we stop and be content with what God has given me and my family.

No comments: