Friday, October 24, 2008

My Thankful List...

I'm changing this week and blogging things I'm thankful for instead of what my favorite things are.
1. Antibiotics! WOW-what a week we've had. Jason and I both ended up with strep. I really donot even remember the beginning of the week. I have suffered through 2 days of parent conferences, teaching, and being a mom all with a froggy/hoarse throat and losing my voice. Today, I finally feel better-no coughing and no soar throat and a full voice to finish the conferences with.
2. God's Provision-I am so thankful for the little things that God has given me and my family. We have several friends who are going through very difficult times and I feel so content with my life and of what God has provided for my family. Our house may not be big, we may not have new furniture, expensive clothes, but we are not in credit card debt and we pay cash for everything. It feels so nice to not have huge bills hanging over our heads
3. Family time- We had a great family night. We went to dinner (and even let the kids pick it out, so we suffered with McDonalds) and then out to Craighead Forest for a hayride and halloween party. Our friends the Findleys have this every year. Kordyn enjoyed the hayride, Landyn enjoyed whining about taking his costume off. He loves Mickey Mouse and wanted to wear it, but then got tired of it. After that we went out for Marble Slab Ice Cream. We do not do this very often, but it is sooo good. As I'm typing, I'm watching the boys listening to their CD players: Kordyn- Elvis; Landyn-Johnny Cash,

I am so guilty of taking things for granted and I need to stop and tell God "thank you" more often! What are you thankful for today?

No comments: